Richmond Alumni Chapter Scholarship (Operating)
Funded by Virginia Tech, the Richmond Alumni Chapter Scholarship is a one time scholarship that may be awarded to undergraduate students who reside within the geographic boundaries of the Richmond Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a copy of your current high school transcripts in PDF Format (unofficial is fine). Please note that we will download all submitted files as a batch so it is imperative that you use the following file naming convention: Last Name Transcripts
- Please provide the name(s) of your parent(s) or legal guardian.
- How many of your immediate family members, including you, are currently attending college?
- List any family members that are Virginia Tech Alumni or current Virginia Tech students.
- Please provide the email address and phone number of your Guidance Counselor.
- Please list awards and honors you have received.
- Leadership: List school and community extracurricular activities that you have participated in. Include names of organizations, positions held or services rendered, dates served, and strengths or skills gained.
- In 350 words or less, please respond to the following: How do you see yourself exemplifying the university’s motto of “Ut Prosim” (“That I May Serve”) later in life?
- In 350 words or less, please respond to one of the following: Describe three unique or interesting things about yourself you think would be beneficial for the Scholarship Committee to know/consider as we review your application OR Tell us about someone or an event that has made a big impact in your life OR an event/obstacle/setback you had to overcome and the lesson(s) you learned from it.
- We reserve the right as a donor agency to request information on applicant’s financial need status from Virginia Tech. By my signature below, I attest to the accuracy of the statements on this application and that the attached short essay questions are my original thoughts. In addition, I hereby give my permission to the Richmond Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association to verify all information provided. Furthermore, I consent to my name, school, and scholarship award information being published by any Virginia Tech Alumni Association newsletter, website, and/or other media outlet.
- Show 5 more