Biological Science Scholarship Application
Scholarship application for consideration to Biological Science Scholarships in the College of Science. Students must be pursuing a degree in Biological Sciences in the College of Science.
- Supplemental Questions
- Research Experience: Describe your recent research experience (current students please list involvement while attending VT).
- If you participated in research, please indicate how many semesters.
- Community Service: Describe your most recent community service involvement (current students please list involvement while attending VT.
- Leadership: In the past two years, describe leadership opportunities not listed in community service or research (current students please list involvement while attending VT).
- Please select ONE of the prompts to write a personal statement/essay:
- Please write a personal statement/essay using the prompt of your choice in the previous question. Your essay should demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts seamlessly and to write effectively (e.g., it should be free of typos as well as spelling, capitalization, and/or grammar errors.) It should be balanced between creativity and realism and should be an accurate and compelling reflection on who you are, and how you like to be remembered.
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from someone who knows you professionally or academically is required for current students. The letter writer should briefly address both your strengths and your weaknesses as a scholar, a researcher, and a future professional.
- Brief Resume - Your resume is limited to TWO PAGES, single-spaced, Times New Roman font, 12-point. Your resume is required if you are a current student. It should provide the reader with a snapshot of your educational history, credentials, experiences, and skills – as they relate to your academic accomplishments, your career goals, and specific scholarship requirements (if applicable).
- Show 3 more