Harold A. Schlenker Scholarship
Harold A. Schlenker scholarships will go to continuing graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in an academic program in the Human Development & Family Science Department with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 overall who are 1) pursuing a curriculum that includes a formal internship at Adult Day Services; 2) planning to pursue a career in adult day care; or 3) planning to pursue a career in gerontology. Preference shall be given to students with 1) sensitivity and commitment to supporting Adult Day Services clients, families, and program staff; 2) demonstrated financial need (“future gross need” will be automatically included from your FAFSA if you have completed it); 3) extracurricular leadership with activities and professional associations related to aging; and 4) volunteer service related to gerontology.
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Apply-To Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to pursue a career in either adult day care or gerontology? Please describe your career plans.
- Are you enrolled in a curriculum that includes a formal internship at Adult Day Services?
- If you have already completed work at ADS, please indicate when you did so and label whether you were a volunteer, an intern, or other.
- Personal Statement: Please attach a Statement of Accomplishments. Include your current GPA (in-major and overall) and refer to your financial need. Your statement should be no more than one page in length.
- Upload your unofficial transcript