Prince William Alumni Chapter Scholarship - Income
Funded by Virginia Tech, the Prince William Alumni Chapter Scholarship is a one-time scholarship awarded to incoming undergraduate students who reside or attend a school within the geographic boundaries of the Prince William Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association which includes Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- Supplemental Questions
- GPA (Please list out of possible. Example: 3.8 out of 4.0):
- Anticipated class rank:
- School activities (include dates of participation and offices or leadership positions):
- Community involvement/service activities (please list the specific nature of service, organization, approximate dates of service, and total hours):
- Part-time or temporary employment experiences (list position, firm and dates):
- List any Honors and Awards:
- Virginia Tech’s motto is "Ut Prosim" which means 'That I May Serve'. We are interested in learning more about your interests and how you have been involved and/or served. Briefly describe a group, organization, or community that you have been involved with. Is this a special area of interest for you, and why? How long have you been involved? What role did you play? What contributions have you made to this group? Were you able to influence others and/or influence decisions for the good of the group?
- Describe a situation where you were involved or witness to an act of discrimination. How, or did, you respond? Do you wish you would have responded differently? Did this situation cause any change to happen based on this event and did you have a role in that change? What did you learn from this experience?
- Describe an example of a situation where you have significantly influenced others, took on a leadership role, helped resolve a dispute, or contributed to a group’s goals. What was your role, what responsibilities did you take on? Did you encounter any obstacles, and if so how did you respond, were you able to overcome them? What would you do differently?
- Briefly describe a personal goal you have set for yourself. Why this goal, what is your timeline to achieve this goal, what precipitated this goal? Have you turned to anyone for advice or help, what was their role, what did you learn about yourself, are you still working toward this goal?
- By my signature below, I attest to the accuracy of the statements on this application and hereby give my permission to the Chapter to verify all information herein. In the event that I am a recipient of this scholarship award, my signature indicates my permission for the Virginia Tech Alumni Association and the Chapter to release my name and use my photograph (if applicable) on the chapter website and other marketing materials.
- Show 6 more