William S. Alderson Memorial Scholarship
The Montgomery County-Radford City-Floyd County Branch of the NAACP and friends established this scholarship to support and promote the purpose and mission of the local chapter of the NAACP and provide support to students who need financial assistance to attain their educational goals.
Recipient(s) shall be selected from nomination of students who take part in and support the Virginia Tech College Chapter of the NAACP (unit of the NAACP Youth and College Division) activities and programs, or who participate in activities and programs that have similar missions to that of the college chapter of the NAACP. Because this is an NAACP related scholarship, preference will be given to members of the VT College Chapter of the NAACP.
- Inclusion & Diversity - Apply-to Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Personal Statement: Please upload a personal statement reflecting on how the Virginia Tech College Chapter of the NAACP (unit of the NAACP Youth and College Division) or similar organization has impacted you and/or made a difference to your experience here at Virginia Tech. Please include how this scholarship would make a difference in your pursuit of academic success, leadership opportunities, and/or inclusive excellence at Virginia Tech. Your statement should be in PDF format, using 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and be no more than 1000 words.
- Please upload a resume in PDF format.
- How did you hear about this scholarship opportunity?
- Please list the name and email address of your first reference.
- Please list the name and email address of your second reference.