College of Science Dean's Roundtable Scholarship
A $7000 one-year scholarship for a rising junior or senior in the College of Science with a 2.5 GPA graduating in 2022 or 2023. All finalists are required to submit a “statement of good disciplinary standing” before the interview process begins.
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your anticipated graduation date?
- If you are selected as a finalist for this scholarship, you must be available on February 19, 2021 and be willing to commit to an on campus interview (skype and phone interviews are not permitted). Will you be available on April 3, 2020? Yes or No
- Please upload a personal statement on how Virginia Tech and the College of Science, both inside and outside the classroom, has impacted your life. Your essay should demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts seamlessly and to write effectively (e.g., it should be free of typos as well as spelling, capitalization, and/or grammar errors.)
- Please upload a brief resume. It should provide the reader with a snapshot of your educational history, credentials, experiences, and skills – as they relate to your academic accomplishments, and your career goals.
- You and your advisor or major professor will be invited to attend a dinner the evening of April 3 with the Roundtable members. The winner of the scholarship will be announced. Please list the advisor or major professor you would like to invite. Please include email and name.
- Letter of Recommendation: Application(s) for current students will be viewed more favorably if it is accompanied by a letter of recommendation from someone who knows you professionally and/or academically. The letter writer should briefly address both your strengths and your weaknesses as a scholar, a researcher, and a future professional.
- Finalists must obtain a Disciplinary Record Certification of Good Disciplinary Standing from the office of student conduct to be eligible for this scholarship. Are you a student in good disciplinary standing?
- Show 2 more