Tidewater Alumni Chapter Scholarship
Funded by Virginia Tech, the Tidewater Alumni Chapter Scholarship is a one time scholarship that may be awarded to undergraduate students who reside within the geographic boundaries of the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a copy of your current high school transcripts in PDF Format (unofficial is fine). Please note that we will download all submitted files as a batch so it is imperative that you use the following file naming convention: Last name Transcripts
- How many children are in your immediate family (including you)?
- What are the names of your parents?
- List any family members, including their relationship to you, that are Virginia Tech Alumni?
- Please provide the name, email address and phone number of your Guidance Counselor
- Virginia Tech’s motto is "Ut Prosim" which means 'That I May Serve'. We are interested in learning more about your interests and how you have been involved and/or served. Briefly describe a group, organization, or community that you have been involved with. Is this a special area of interest for you, and why? How long have you been involved? What role did you play? What contributions have you made to this group? Were you able to influence others and/or influence decisions for the good of the group?
- Describe a situation where you were involved or a witness to an act of discrimination. How, or did, you respond? Do you wish you would have responded differently? Did this situation cause any change to happen based on this event and did you have a role in that change? What did you learn from this experience?
- Describe an example of a situation where you have significantly influenced others, took on a leadership role, helped resolve a dispute, or contributed to a group’s goals. What was your role, what responsibilities did you take on? Did you encounter any obstacles, and if so how did you respond, were you able to overcome them? What would you do differently?
- Please respond in 50 words or less: List the community/volunteer activities you have been involved in during high school and briefly describe which one has been the most rewarding and why.
- Briefly describe a personal goal you have set for yourself. Why this goal, what is your timeline to achieve this goal, what precipitated this goal? Have you turned to anyone for advice or help, what was their role, what did you learn about yourself, are you still working toward this goal?
- By my signature below, I attest to the accuracy of the statements made by me on this application, and hereby give my permission for the Scholarship Committee to verify all information. I also agree to release to this committee all of my school transcripts, test scores, grades and class rank. In the event that I am selected to receive this scholarship award, my signature indicates my permission for the Virginia Tech Alumni Association and the Chapter to release my name and use my photograph (if applicable) in chapter and university marketing materials.
- Show 6 more