Global Education Office (GEO) Winter and Spring Scholarship Application
This application is for current students who are planning to study abroad in Winter and Spring 2020-21. The committee considers not only financial need (both FAFSA-demonstrated and need that might be missed by the FAFSA), but also the quality of your motivation and the educational fit of the study abroad program.
- Please note that you must submit a letter of recommendation in order for your application to be considered complete.
- International students and graduate students can apply to this scholarship.
- You can apply even if you’re not yet sure about your study abroad plans.
GPA 2.5 or above
Enrollment in credit bearing programs
Enrollment in a program where tuition is paid to VT (Third Party and Autonomous Study programs are not eligible)
PSI recipients do not qualify for spring or fall programs as this scholarship would be subtracted from your PSI funding. You can however apply for the GEO scholarship for summer programs
Project GO participants are not eligible (as the Project GO program fee is already paid for)
Full-time enrollment (except for summer)
- Fall semester: 12 VT credits minimum
- Winter session: 3 VT credits minimum (plus 3 VT credits minimum in fall)
- Spring semester: 12 VT credits minimum
- Short term spring: 3 VT credits minimum (plus 3 VT credits minimum in spring)
- Summer terms: 3 VT credits minimum
Instructions for the essay questions:
It is important that you provide thoughtful, well-written responses, so you should set aside sufficient time to answer the questions below. You should also strive to answer in your own voice, avoiding such overused phrases as, “broaden my horizons,” “push myself out of my comfort zone,” “expand my worldview,” and the like. There is no set length for your answers; take as long as you need to say what you mean, but do not belabor your point.