Charles W. Schiffert and Dolores S. Schiffert Scholarship
The Schifferts moved to Blacksburg in 1968 from Craigsville, Virginia where Dr. Charles Schiffert served as a family practitioner. He was Associate Director of Student Health at Virginia Tech from 1968-1971 and served as Director from 1971 until he retired in 1986.The Charles W. Schiffert and Dolores S. Schiffert Scholarship was established to provide scholarship support for a current undergraduate student with demonstrated financial need, who plans to pursue a career as a medical physician.
- Division of Student Affairs Apply-To Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload an updated résumé containing your academic information and leadership/extracurricular/professional experience.
- Please describe the endeavors, other than academic coursework, on which you have focused your energy once you decided that your main interest was pursuing medicine as a career. (500 words or less)
- Integrity is a core value in medicine; additionally, being self-aware, resilient, and adaptable are important characteristics. Explain specifically how you have demonstrated these characteristics once you decided that pursuing a career as a medical physician (including other medical professions) was your main interest. (500 words or less)
- Please list the name an email address of your first reference. (Required)
- Please list the name an email address of your first reference. (Optionial)