Harold A. Schlenker Scholarship
Harold A. Schlenker scholarships will go to continuing graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in Human Development & Family Science with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 overall who are 1) pursuing a curriculum that includes a formal internship at Adult Day Services; 2) planning to pursue a career in adult day care; or 3) planning to pursue a career in gerontology. Preference shall be given to students with 1) sensitivity and commitment to supporting Adult Day Services clients, families, and program staff; 2) demonstrated financial need (“future gross need” will be automatically included from your FAFSA if you have completed it); 3) extracurricular leadership with activities and professional associations related to aging; and 4) volunteer service related to gerontology. Recipients of this award should plan to attend the HDFS graduation ceremony to receive recognition of their award. Currently, this is scheduled for Saturday, May 16th.
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Apply-To Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to pursue a career in either adult day care or gerontology? Please describe your career plans.
- Are you enrolled in a curriculum that includes a formal internship at Adult Day Services?
- If you have already completed work at ADS, please indicate when you did so and label whether you were a volunteer, an intern, or other.
- Personal Statement: Please attach a Statement of Accomplishments. Include your current GPA (in-major and overall) Your statement should be no more than one page in length.
- Upload your unofficial transcript