Burd S. McGinnes Fellowship
Established in honor of Dr. Burd S. McGinnes, who earned his Ph.D. from Virginia Tech in 1958 and became the leader of the federal Wildlife Cooperative Research Unit, where he served and directed graduate students until his retirement in the early 1980s. This scholarship is awarded to graduate students majoring in Fisheries and Wildlife Conservation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a short statement that describes how you satisfy the qualifying criteria of the award you seek.
- Describe your career and/or professional goals.
- How will receiving this award enhance your professional or scholarly development?
- Upload a copy of your resume, including a summary of your academic performance while at Virginia Tech (i.e., a listing of courses and grade history or a copy of your transcript).
- Upload a copy of your most recent annual graduate committee evaluation form.
- Upload a letter of support (limited to 2 page or less) from your faculty advisor that provides a concise reflection on your academic performance, professional development or involvement in professional activities, and progress in publishing or presenting the results of your research activity.
- Show 1 more